Founded in 1996 by Greg Koch and Steve Wagner in San Marcos, CA. (In the spot where our friends at Port Brewing Company/The Lost Abbey now call home!)
• First keg of Stone Pale Ale sold on July 26, 1996 to Vince Marsaglia of Pizza Port fame
• Arrogant Bastard Ale unleashed upon the world November 1, 1997
• Moved to our current facility in Escondido, CA, in December 2005
• Opened the adjacent Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens in November 2006
• In December 2009, we published a formal Request For Proposalto evaluate potential sites for a brewhouse in Europe.
• Stone Farms opens in May 2011
• September 2011 – Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes and Unbashed Arrogance is released
• In May 2013, our second farm-to-table restaurant Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station opens for service.
• Stone Brewing Co. at Terminal 2 opens for travelers visiting San Diego International Airport.
• February 2014 – We announced our joint distribution venture with Maui Brewing Co., dubbed Maui-Stone Craft Beverages
• In July 2014, we announced plans to be the 1st American craft brewer to own & operate a brewery in Europe with Stone Brewing Co. – Berlin.
• In October 2014, we announced plans to open a production brewery, packaging hall, destination restaurant, retail store and administrative offices in Richmond, Virginia.